Community Tributaries Inc (CT) is an inclusive community group based in Melbourne Australia. CT undertakes initiatives to help individuals and community groups, especially those new to Australia, though the exchange of skills and resources. We see the diverse skills and resources that we bring together as the tributaries of our activity streams, leading to better outcomes.
- To promote inclusive societies
- To facilitate research, support, skill development and networks to improve independence and well-being of individuals and communities.
- To use the skills and networks of the members to help individuals and community groups to apply their skills in Australia
- To identify and harness the many resources available in Australia to support the well being of individuals and communities from all backgrounds
- To welcome new members to CT to increase the level of resourcing for a broader range of initiatives.
CT commenced in May 2016. It grew from a perceived need for individuals and communities, to access the resources they need to be healthy and support themselves. It addresses these needs by facilitating networking and the sharing of skills and knowledge for people seeking employment or starting their own businesses. It also supports other initiatives that can lead to improvement in community well-being. CT serves as an umbrella, under which a range of diverse activities can take place. It is open to individuals of all genders, ages, residency status, nationalities and religions. CT’s 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 Annual Reports provide more information about our first three years of operation. See also our brief video overview of CT – Click Here for Overview
Read Our Latest News
- Digital storytelling workshops - Community Tributaries is running digital storytelling workshops once a fortnight, starting on 1 Feb 2021. The workshops will be at Walker Close Community Centre, 180 Millers Rd, Altona Norh and Continue Reading →
- Future meeting dates - The focus of CT activities for the rest of 2020 and early 2021 is on implementing the digital storytelling program for which CT has been awarded two grants, one from Continue Reading →
- AGM and next open committee meeting - The next open Community Tributaries meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 16 at 5pm, directly after the Annual General Meeting, which starts at 4.30pm. The meeting will be followed by Continue Reading →
- Next open committee meeting - Our Community Tributaries open committee meetings will resume at our regular meeting time on the third Monday of the month, at 4.30pm. Our next meeting is scheduled for 4.50 PM Continue Reading →