Community Tributaries Inc (CT) is an inclusive community group based in Melbourne Australia. CT undertakes initiatives to help individuals and community groups, especially those new to Australia, though the exchange of skills and resources. We see the diverse skills and resources that we bring together as the tributaries of our activity streams, leading to better outcomes.
- To promote inclusive societies
- To facilitate research, support, skill development and networks to improve independence and well-being of individuals and communities.
- To use the skills and networks of the members to help individuals and community groups to apply their skills in Australia
- To identify and harness the many resources available in Australia to support the well being of individuals and communities from all backgrounds
- To welcome new members to CT to increase the level of resourcing for a broader range of initiatives.
CT commenced in May 2016. It grew from a perceived need for individuals and communities, to access the resources they need to be healthy and support themselves. It addresses these needs by facilitating networking and the sharing of skills and knowledge for people seeking employment or starting their own businesses. It also supports other initiatives that can lead to improvement in community well-being. CT serves as an umbrella, under which a range of diverse activities can take place. It is open to individuals of all genders, ages, residency status, nationalities and religions. CT’s 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 Annual Reports provide more information about our first three years of operation. See also our brief video overview of CT – Click Here for Overview
Read Our Latest News
- Next open committee meeting Thursday 17 Sep, 1pm - You are invited to participate in an open committee meeting of Community Tributaries on Thursday 17 September, 1pm. This will be our first open committee meeting since March 2020 and Continue Reading →
- Course in starting a Worker Cooperative – starting on 7 Oct 2020 - Many people have lost their jobs during the Covid-19 pandemic. Worker cooperatives can play an important role in reshaping the economy. If you want to know more about how to Continue Reading →
- Invitation to Clean Sea Idea Competition 2020 for students in years 10-12 - Students in years 10-12 are invited to compete in the Clean Sea Idea Competition 2020. On MAY 10, 2019, some 180 member countries of the United Nations agreed to sharply Continue Reading →
- Digital storytelling workshops deferred - Due to Stage 4 Coronavirus restrictions the digital storytelling workshops have been deferred until further notice. In the meantime, we have started online DST activities and you are welcome to Continue Reading →