Community Tributaries Inc (CT) is an inclusive community group based in Melbourne Australia. CT undertakes initiatives to help individuals and community groups, especially those new to Australia, though the exchange of skills and resources. We see the diverse skills and resources that we bring together as the tributaries of our activity streams, leading to better outcomes.
- To promote inclusive societies
- To facilitate research, support, skill development and networks to improve independence and well-being of individuals and communities.
- To use the skills and networks of the members to help individuals and community groups to apply their skills in Australia
- To identify and harness the many resources available in Australia to support the well being of individuals and communities from all backgrounds
- To welcome new members to CT to increase the level of resourcing for a broader range of initiatives.
CT commenced in May 2016. It grew from a perceived need for individuals and communities, to access the resources they need to be healthy and support themselves. It addresses these needs by facilitating networking and the sharing of skills and knowledge for people seeking employment or starting their own businesses. It also supports other initiatives that can lead to improvement in community well-being. CT serves as an umbrella, under which a range of diverse activities can take place. It is open to individuals of all genders, ages, residency status, nationalities and religions. CT’s 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 Annual Reports provide more information about our first three years of operation. See also our brief video overview of CT – Click Here for Overview
Read Our Latest News
- Next open committee meeting - Our Community Tributaries open committee meetings will resume at our regular meeting time on the third Monday of the month, at 4.30pm. Our next meeting is scheduled for 4.50 PM Continue Reading →
- Sikh Interfaith Council of Victoria (SICV) is providing FREE GROCERIES - Unfortunately many families are struggling to put food on the table in these difficult times. If you are in this situation, you may want to approach the Sikh Interfaith Council Continue Reading →
- Next open committee meeting Thursday 17 Sep, 1pm - You are invited to participate in an open committee meeting of Community Tributaries on Thursday 17 September, 1pm. This will be our first open committee meeting since March 2020 and Continue Reading →
- Course in starting a Worker Cooperative – starting on 7 Oct 2020 - Many people have lost their jobs during the Covid-19 pandemic. Worker cooperatives can play an important role in reshaping the economy. If you want to know more about how to Continue Reading →