Community Tributaries Inc (CT) is an inclusive community group based in Melbourne Australia. CT undertakes initiatives to help individuals and community groups, especially those new to Australia, though the exchange of skills and resources. We see the diverse skills and resources that we bring together as the tributaries of our activity streams, leading to better outcomes.
- To promote inclusive societies
- To facilitate research, support, skill development and networks to improve independence and well-being of individuals and communities.
- To use the skills and networks of the members to help individuals and community groups to apply their skills in Australia
- To identify and harness the many resources available in Australia to support the well being of individuals and communities from all backgrounds
- To welcome new members to CT to increase the level of resourcing for a broader range of initiatives.
CT commenced in May 2016. It grew from a perceived need for individuals and communities, to access the resources they need to be healthy and support themselves. It addresses these needs by facilitating networking and the sharing of skills and knowledge for people seeking employment or starting their own businesses. It also supports other initiatives that can lead to improvement in community well-being. CT serves as an umbrella, under which a range of diverse activities can take place. It is open to individuals of all genders, ages, residency status, nationalities and religions. CT’s 2016/17 and 2017/18 Annual Reports provide more information about our first two years of operation.
Read Our Latest News
- Commemoration of Victims of the Recent Crimes Against Humanity Suffered by the Kurdish Community - As a member of the Darebin Ethnic Communities Council (DECC), we extend an invitation to a DECC sponsored event related to the Turkish invasion and occupation of the majority Kurdish Continue Reading →
- AGM with guest speaker on Monday 18 Nov 2019 - Details for the Community Tributaries Annual General Meeting are: Time and date: 4.30pm, Monday 18 November, 2019 Venue: Walker Close Community Centre, 180 Millers Rd, North Altona Guest speaker at Continue Reading →
- Next open committee meeting – Thursday 3 October, 2019 - Date: Thursday 3 October, 2019 Time: 10.30 am – 12.30 pm Venue: Room 3, at NAB Village, 700 Bourke Street, The Concourse, Docklands
- Next open committee meeting – Thursday 8 August, 2019 - Date: Thursday 8 August, 2019 Time: 10.30 am – 12.30 pm Venue: Room 3, at NAB Village, 700 Bourke Street, The Concourse, Docklands