Community Tributaries Inc (CT) is an inclusive community group based in Melbourne Australia. CT undertakes initiatives to help individuals and community groups, especially those new to Australia, though the exchange of skills and resources. We see the diverse skills and resources that we bring together as the tributaries of our activity streams, leading to better outcomes.
- To promote inclusive societies
- To facilitate research, support, skill development and networks to improve independence and well-being of individuals and communities.
- To use the skills and networks of the members to help individuals and community groups to apply their skills in Australia
- To identify and harness the many resources available in Australia to support the well being of individuals and communities from all backgrounds
- To welcome new members to CT to increase the level of resourcing for a broader range of initiatives.
CT commenced in May 2016. It grew from a perceived need for individuals and communities, to access the resources they need to be healthy and support themselves. It addresses these needs by facilitating networking and the sharing of skills and knowledge for people seeking employment or starting their own businesses. It also supports other initiatives that can lead to improvement in community well-being. CT serves as an umbrella, under which a range of diverse activities can take place. It is open to individuals of all genders, ages, residency status, nationalities and religions. CT’s 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2020/21 Annual Reports provide more information about our first five years of operation. See also our brief video overview of CT – Click Here for Overview
About Community Tributaries
Learn Digital Storytelling in Hobsons Bay
Clovis Mwamba – My Story
Muslim Women’s Council of Victoria preparing food for those in need due to Covid 19
How to get yourself motivated while unemployed
Victorian Council of African Australian Seniors – Dinner
Ayelign’s Story from Childhood – the Baboons
Life in Early Altona – by George Said OAM (George has his own YouTube Channel)
Story of the Greek Orthodox Community of North Altona
Read Our Latest News
- Refugee Week – join us for a day of Healing -
- Successful Congolese Multicultural Fashion Parade -
- Congolese Multicultural Fashion Parade -
- April 2022 Open Committee Meeting - The April Community Tributaries open committee meeting is scheduled for: 5 PM, Monday 11 April This meeting will be on zoom only. For further information and to receive a zoom Continue Reading →